Did you mean: 

.Net, ObjectDBX and corrupt drawing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
rdns
272 Views, 0 Replies

.Net, ObjectDBX and corrupt drawing

Hello,

I am currently busy with my graduation project, which includes some piece of batch-processing autocad drawings. The current code opens drawings with a RECOVER command in SingeDocumentMode, this because drawings sometimes corrupt and so to keep the proces with a maximum continuity. Now, a corrupt drawing gets repaired or, with a fatal error (or the like), the drawing is copied to a special folder for manual processing.

As I recently learned about ObjectDBX and the IAxDbDocument interface I am thinking of using ObjectDBX for my batchprocessing. This leaves me with a few questions, I was hoping for some answers or leads in the right direction:

- I notice (some) corrupt drawings get read by ObjectDBX, is there any way to discover if a drawing is (partially) corrupt?
- With the Open command, Exceptions might be thrown. Is there a some documentation about the ErrorCode in the COMException?

Some info: Batch processing consists of fetching all AcadBlockReference and AcadText objects. The application is written in VB.NET and uses AutoCAD 2006 with ObjectDBX but not the SDK.

With kind regards,
Roy

The Netherlands
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost