Did you mean: 

.NET newbie Debugging problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tspoon005
393 Views, 2 Replies

.NET newbie Debugging problem

Hello,

I'm pretty new to .NET and am having some problems.  First though, let me give some background.  My company had a VB.net genius who added a bunch of great programs to our toolbox.  The guy left about a year ago and gave me and one other employee an intro to VB.net class.  While I get the basics of writing code, I'm having more problems just with directory locations, where different files are saved and the like.  Anyhow, he left a couple programs unfinished that I'm trying to get working.

Alright, now to my problem!

So, I'm having issues debugging.  The program I'm trying to edit calls in a couple other .dll files with programs to make that one work.  When I start debugging though, one of them won't load and I get this error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'XXX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

When I run the "release" version of the program instead of the "debug" version, I don't get this error... Help!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AubelecBE
in reply to: tspoon005

Hi.

So

Visual Studio --> version Number ?

Autocad --> version Number ?

but for you in Visual Studio check :

In the explorer Double click on 'My Project'

after this in the new windows click on 'Reference'

Here you have all you dépendencie.

Check if one of them are not linked.

Sr i am french and my english is.. 🙂 I am using VS13 with Acad 2015

Could you past a copy of this windows ?

Message 3 of 3
mcicognani
in reply to: tspoon005

You should compare the Release and Debug project configuration, expecially the Output folder and dll name.
From the error it seems it simply cannot locate the dll.
How do you load the dll for debug? Manually with NETLOAD? Using a script on ACAD startup?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost