Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Help for AutoCAD 2013

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kdub_nz
2210 Views, 8 Replies

.NET Help for AutoCAD 2013

The Help for 2013 has NO reference to AcCoreMgd .DLL.

This seems weird to me because this DLL is the major

change to the API and the reason that managed code requires

a rebuild to work in AutoCAD 2013.

Has anyone seen ANY reference to AcCoreMgd in any of the help files. ?

(please don't point me to Keans blog)

I'll attach a piccy to show what I mean.

AcCoreMgd References in AC2013 Help.png

Also : Has anyone seen a 'AutoCAD Net Developers Guide' targeting 2013 ??

Regards

Kerry.

added: weird, I think this may be my first question in this forum 🙂

//

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
norman.yuan
in reply to: kdub_nz

That is typical Autodesk's behaviour in terms of programming help document since Autodesk adopted yearly product release in 2004 (Acad2005). They must think that they have "new" products every year and clients have to go with "new" products so busily that they would not have time to study the document, or if they do, when they go through the document, it is time for moving to next version.

It is particular bad on the general AutoCAD .NET API documentation. Howeever, if you see the AutoCAD Map programming API documentation, it is even worse: it is still referring to Visual Studio 2005, and some API assemly names only available in Acad2007/8 and have been renamed since...

Message 3 of 9
dgorsman

Documentation always seems to be lowest man on the project totem pole, regardless of industry or project.  Project managers want to spend the hours on "real" work, workers want to be doing the "real" work as well.  At the end of the project, there's no budget left and nobody wants to do it.

Can any ADN members comment on whether the AcCoreMgd.dll references are up-to-date with this paid-access service, or are you in the same boat?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 9

dgorsman wrote:

Can any ADN members comment on whether the AcCoreMgd.dll references are up-to-date with this paid-access service, or are you in the same boat?

No Comments! Smiley Happy

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 9
StephenPreston

Hi Kerry,

AcCoreMgd is mentioned in the ObjectARX SDK helpfiles - in the ObjectARX ReadMe->Release Notes. There (and the Migration guides in the helpfiles) is where we document changes to the SDK - both .NET and ObjectARX.

I've also notified our techpubs team about the outdated docs in the AutoCAD helpfiles. They tell me this was already reported as a bug. I'm sorry this happened - somehow that section of the AutoCAD help didn't get flagged as something our API techpubs team had to update.

BTW Why don't you consider Kean's blog posts to be a valid source of information? Kean is a member of the AutoCAD Architects team, and has a *very* popular blog (read by pretty much every AutoCAD .NET developer out there). Because of that, he and I agreed that he would post migration information on his blog this year rather than the ADN team running our usual migration webcast.

BTWBTW These videos may be helpful to anyone who wants to quickly see the 2013 migration basics for AutoCAD .NET and ObjectARX plug-ins - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/migrating-objectarx-and-net-plug-ins-to-autocad-2013.h....

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 6 of 9
kdub_nz
in reply to: StephenPreston

Hello Stephan.

Thanks for the update.

I'd seen the references in the SDK and on Keans Blog and more recently on the new ADN DevBlog, but I noticed the omission from the Help files after I told someone to have a look at them to resolve Reference issues ... Embarrassing for me :).

As I think you are aware, I believe that the help files should be complete and accessible without internet access ( but that's a discussion for another time ). 

I have NO issue with Kean or his blog. In fact I'm quietly one of his ardent supporters. Without the information published there the development community would be still scratching it's collective head.

My comment was to stay anyone from pointing me to references I knew about and keep the focus on the Help Files.

Regards

Kerry

;;----

//

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Message 7 of 9
kdub_nz

OOps,

I apologise for misspelling your name 😞

Regards

//

Message 8 of 9
prakashpvk

Hello Every one,

I need a clarification very urgently...Please do me favour...

Currently we are using AutoCAD 2011 with Visual Studio 2008. I want to upgrade AutoCAD to AutoCAD 2013. Please let me know will AutoCAD 2013 supports Visual Studio 2008?

Thanks & Regards,

Prakash P V K

Message 9 of 9

@prakashpvk wrote:
...Please let me know will AutoCAD 2013 supports Visual Studio 2008?...

NO. From ObjectARX 2013 Readme -> Release Notes:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 with Service Pack 1 should be used when compiling projects for use with AutoCAD 2013.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost