Did you mean: 

.NET Framework error when trying to launch application

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eacacio
1208 Views, 3 Replies

.NET Framework error when trying to launch application

Hello,

I've created a deployment for AutoCAD2011 x64 to be installed via SCCM. I've followed the instructions to create an SCCM package that were provided on the support website, as well as what comes on the CD.  While I'm able to create the install and deliver the package, I get an error when trying to launch the shortcut (AutoCAD 2011 - English). 

The error is a Microsoft .NET Framework error that states:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\Migration' is denied.

I went to check on the folder security and realize that the Migration folder doesn't exist.  I've searched the forums and have not found anything relating to this.  What is the cause of this error, and how can I fix it? 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarkPendergraft
in reply to: eacacio

So you are creating the Migration folder in your installation package?  You may not have access to folders in the Program Files folder, you need administrator privledges to change/add files and folders there.  I had a lot of problems customizing AutoCad and putting files/folders into the Autocad directory on Vista x64.  Win 7 seems to be better about it.

-Mark P.

Message 3 of 4
eacacio
in reply to: MarkPendergraft

As far as I know, the migration folder is not created when I ran through the installation steps (as lined out by my client).  That being said, during the creation of the deployment, I would think that if it needed to create that folder that it would. 

As for the rights, the users in this environment have rights to the Program Files folder, so I'm confident that it's not a rights issue. 

Message 4 of 4
MarkPendergraft
in reply to: eacacio

If I'm following you, you are saying that you created a deployment for AutoCad 2011 which won't run because it can't find the Migration folder?

If that is the case then your question would probably be better suited to the AutoCad 2011 forum, as this forum is for development with the .NET API.

Personally, I'd start by manually creating a folder where it thinks there is one.  Then I'd see what file it was looking for (if it was looking for a file) and go from there.

-Mark P.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost