.NET

Mentor
odoshi
Message 1 of 2 (627 Views)

Need to run LISP function synchronously from .NET across multiple drawings

627 Views, 1 Replies
01-03-2012 09:39 AM

I am using the Application.Invoke() method on 2011+ and am finding it to not work well other than from the command line of a single document.

When I declare a Commandflag.Session flag for my command, and try calling Invoke using more than one parameter on a new drawing where the command was not run from, it bombs out.

So, Drawing1.dwg - Run command

A new Drawing2 is opened, saved, and Invoke called to run some LISP, it will fail.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I did read somewhere that Invoke() may need to be run from a Document context. Does that exclude the Session flag?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor - Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015
www.civil3d.guru - Are you ready to be a Guru?
-------------------------------------------
Rockin' Civil 3D 2015 on a 13-inch MacBook Air | Intel i5 | 4GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel HD5000
Mentor
odoshi
Message 2 of 2 (619 Views)

Re: Need to run LISP function synchronously from .NET across multiple drawings

01-03-2012 11:55 AM in reply to: odoshi

Forget it :smileyhappy:

Using the Interop DLL's and SendCommand will work synchronously if CommandFlag.Session is used.

Doh!

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor - Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015
www.civil3d.guru - Are you ready to be a Guru?
-------------------------------------------
Rockin' Civil 3D 2015 on a 13-inch MacBook Air | Intel i5 | 4GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel HD5000
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.