.NET

Distinguished Contributor
junoj
Message 11 of 12 (90 Views)

Re: ModelSpace vs. PaperSpace Viewport

08-20-2013 12:09 PM in reply to: BlackBox_

Thank you BlackBox for the response.  The link to the code that you provided works nice only if one is in the Model Tab or in the Layout Tab.

However if you are in the Layout Tab (Paper Space) and you are looking via the viewport at the Model Space then the code will return the Model Space ID.

Distinguished Mentor
BlackBox_
Message 12 of 12 (74 Views)

Re: ModelSpace vs. PaperSpace Viewport

08-20-2013 02:53 PM in reply to: junoj

I overlooked your earlier statement that you're attempting to identify the active space from a side Database... The only other thing I can think to suggest without Googling, is for you to consider Database.CurrentSpaceId as Kean suggests here:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2007/09/accessing-the-a.html

... Perhaps someone much smarter than I will be along shortly, to better suggest a solution. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Cheers

"Potential has a shelf life." - Margaret Atwood

Autodesk Exchange Apps ~ Autoloader ~ AutoCAD Security

AutoCAD® 2014, and Civil 3D® 2014 Certified Professional ~ Autodesk® Authorized Developer

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!