Did you mean: 

Modeless window always on top

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
matus.brlit
1365 Views, 8 Replies

Modeless window always on top

Hi,

I have a problem with modeless window. It stays on top even when it loses focus.

This is how I show the form:

Dim myForm As New myFormClass
            Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.ShowModelessDialog(formOwner, myForm)

Any ideas? TopMost property is set to False.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cincir
in reply to: matus.brlit

I think that is because you are using the ShowModelessDialog function and autocad threats your form as it is a paletteset. because you know palettesets are modeless windows but they are always on top. i advise you to use Form instances Hide method in forms lost focus event.

Message 3 of 9
matus.brlit
in reply to: cincir

but that's not the behavior i want, the modeless window is the Help window and i want the user to be able to have the help shown and work with the program, be able to swithch to help and back.

the minimize works, but it's not that comfortable

Message 4 of 9
cincir

Does making help window autohide solve your problem? You can create a paletteset instead of a form and make the paletteset autohide.

if not try Form.Show() instead of Application.ShowModelessDialog().

Message 5 of 9
matus.brlit

i tried Form.Show with the same result, i guess I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, or it's AutoCAD that's causing the problem

but I'm more inclined to blame AutoCAD, because when I make a winform application, it works fine

Message 6 of 9
cincir

Which autocad are you using? I tested Form.Show in Autocad2012 and it works.

Message 7 of 9
matus.brlit

i'm using Civil 2012, but i run it as clean AutoCAD

did you use AcApp.ShowModalDialog for the main window, or did you use Form.ShowDialog ?

Message 8 of 9
cincir

I used Form.Show() not Form.ShowDialog() . i thought that you want a modeless form.

Message 9 of 9
matus.brlit

I am opening the modeless form from a modal form

form1 has a button (or responds to keypress event)  that opens form2, form1 is modal, form2 is modeless

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost