Did you mean: 

MgdDbg by Jim Awe at Autodesk

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
djonio
1474 Views, 7 Replies

MgdDbg by Jim Awe at Autodesk

Howdy,
Earlier this year I stumbled across an application called MgdDbg by Jim Awe at Autodesk, Inc. and it is dated 11/01/04.

I include Jim’s initial comments:
“MgdDbg is a program designed with several goals:

1) To provide a comprehensive test of the Managed API of AutoCAD
2) To provide sample code and utility classes for 3rd Party developers
3) To provide “scaffolding” for quick tests of issues when they arise
4) To aid my own learning experience on .NET and C#

For developers with an ObjectARX background, it may help you to quickly transition from C++ to C#. For developers with a Visual Basic background, it should provide some example techniques that have not been available to you before. For instance, the exposure of the AcGe library for basic Point and Vector math is a huge addition to the tool set of Visual Basic developers.

Disclaimer: This program will evolve and expand as new APIs are exposed and as my experience with .NET grows. I do not (yet) consider myself an expert in .NET, so I could have some really poor examples in here! Over time, this will all get cleaned up as various people contribute ideas and techniques. So, don’t consider it a finished example, but a starting point that may aid in your own experiments.”

I got it working for 2007 dwgs and now for 2008 dwgs. I also know that all I am doing is just enough to make it work.

This is a GREAT tool for teaching …
Does anyone know of Jim and how to get in touch? Has he or anyone else keep this up?

Thanks
dennis
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: djonio

Autodesk email address code broken!

.@autodesk.com

Top secret info, please don't share with anyone 🙂

--
Bobby C. Jones
http://BobbyCJones.spaces.live.com
Message 3 of 8
bowa

Dennis,
Rather than have multiple people approaching Jim for the latest version of this application, could you post back with what you've found? I'd really like to see how you got this to work for AutoCAD 2007.

Thanks,
B
Message 4 of 8
ReneRam

Should be this!

René
Message 5 of 8
djonio

Thank you, reneram ...

Yes, this is what I hacked to build in 2007/2008.
I have no recollection what I had to do for 2007 but believe me it couldn't have been much. At that time I could barely spell AutoDesk.

If my memory serves I had to jerk GraphicsInterface.cs for the 2008 version. Since I was most interested in "Snoop" something about MaterialMap has/had changed. I believe I just followed the intellisense stuff and it led me down the proper path.

Anyway, let me know if I can help at all.

This is really great stuff ...

and finally, I've given up on thanking Jim myself ... I'm sure he has better things to do than recieving accolades from the likes of me.

dennis
Message 6 of 8
aci_cad

Where can this be downloaded?
Message 7 of 8
_gile
in reply to: aci_cad

Hi,

You can download the 2012-2013 versions here.

Gilles Chanteau
Programmation AutoCAD LISP/.NET
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 8 of 8
Alexander.Rivilis
in reply to: aci_cad

DWG Debugger MGDDBG App for AutoCAD 2012/2013

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost