.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge modules for installer for RealDWG 2013 application.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dsnpr
867 Views, 1 Reply

Merge modules for installer for RealDWG 2013 application.

Hi,

In the process of cretaing an installer for a RealDWG  based web application(VS2010 web setup project). The intended target environments for now will be win server 2003 and win 7. They will be fairly clean in the sense that no other autodesk or realdwg based products are installed or is planned to be installed.

The tips and techniques chapter of the RealDWG documentation have a section of how to create an installer and it says that all merge modules from the Redistrib folder should be added to the installer.

However the Redistribution requirements chapter mentions that for Shapemager functionality either a couple of merge modules should be included (for read/write support) or a couple of other merge modules should be included(read only support).

Does anyone have any experience with this? What would be the "correct" way to go?

I've tried to only include the mergemodules that are listed as required but that did not work when I tried to run the deplyed app. (acdbmgd.dll missed several dependencies to other dll's that were not listed as required). When trying to include everything I get errors when doing a validation of the msi in Orca(probably originating from the shapemanager mergemodules).

Any advice or tips on what to do/not to do would be a great help!

Thanks,

Niclas

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fenton.webb
in reply to: dsnpr

Unfortunately, it's a little bit of a trial and error exercise with RealDWG Merge Modules. The reason is that it really depends on what functionality *you* use in your App, and/or the types of DWG files that your App will process (Solids, 2D, 3D, etc etc).

I recommend adding all MSM's to your RealDWG app, that way you gaurantee that it will be ready for anything that is thrown against it. Make sure when you build your MSI:

1) You add all the RealDWG Redistributable MSM's

2) Add all the Microsoft Redistributable MSM's (the RealDWG MSMs don't include Microsoft dependencies)

3) Save the MSI

4) Now go to the Property Table of the MSI Property table of the MSI and edit the newly created ODBXHOSTAPPREGROOT property – make sure the value of that property reflects the same value that your RealDWG HostApplicationServices.GetRegistryProductRootKey() returns. Check out the Redistribution Requirements section of the readdbx.chm file found in the RealDWG SDK for more information

About ORCA throwing some validation errors - yes, it does that!

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost