.NET

Active Contributor
murali.pandey
Message 1 of 2 (357 Views)

linking dwg to external database

357 Views, 1 Replies
05-10-2012 10:20 PM

Hi

How can I link an external database(say access/oracle) to a drawing so that I m able to insert/update attribute directly from the autocad map drawing.

Thanks

Murali

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (328 Views)

Re: linking dwg to external database

05-12-2012 02:57 AM in reply to: murali.pandey

Hi,

>> How can I link an external database

That could be done using the command _DBCONNECT (>>>details<<<)

Using Map3D you can also use the command _MAPCONNECT (check >>>here<<<) to connect to a database.

>> I m able to insert/update attribute directly from the autocad map drawing

That is what I don't understand! What records do you have in your database and how are they set in relation to AutoCAD-objects? Who or what creates the relation between AutoCAD-blocks/attribtues to the database? When should you AutoCAD-BlockAttributes be updated? .... So please describe a little bit more detailed what you like to get and - as this is a development forum - what code makes you troubles.

If you have troubles just to connect to a database from dotNET then you can search the www for OLEDB and you will get millions of sample codelines.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.