Message 1 of 4 (352 Views)
Accepted Solution

Line intersect with block

352 Views, 3 Replies
03-20-2013 01:38 AM

Hi All,

I find the intersected point of Line and block as this code:

'bref is a block reference
Dim tmpLine As New Line(pt1, bref.Position)
Dim ptCol As New Point3dCollection
bref.IntersectWith(tmpLine, Intersect.OnBothOperands, ptCol, 0, 0) 
Dim acLine As New Line(pt1,ptCol(0))

But the intersected point is not located on block as picture below. I don't know what happen.

Thank you for any help.

Easiest way is explode BlockRerence (method BlockReference.Explode but without adding entities to Database) and then intersect your's line with every entity in collection of exploded entities (maybe recursive if entity in collection is also BlockReference).

Alexander.Rivilis
Message 2 of 4 (334 Views)

Re: Line intersect with block

03-20-2013 06:27 AM in reply to: ditran

It is look like you found intersect point which on bounding box of block reference:

Intersecting any entity with a BlockReference and retrieving the intersection points

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

Active Contributor
ditran
Message 3 of 4 (330 Views)

03-20-2013 06:48 AM in reply to: ditran

I found the intersecting point of line and bounding box of block reference. Can you help me with VB.net code.

Thanks,

Alexander.Rivilis
Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)

03-20-2013 07:01 AM in reply to: ditran

Easiest way is explode BlockRerence (method BlockReference.Explode but without adding entities to Database) and then intersect your's line with every entity in collection of exploded entities (maybe recursive if entity in collection is also BlockReference).

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.