.NET

Active Contributor
rubendm
Message 1 of 3 (45 Views)

Is there any reason for avoid using

45 Views, 2 Replies
12-18-2006 11:52 AM
Hi all,
I am developing an app with VB.NET and ObjectARX 2006. The app is going to store some data at a external DB. The info to store must include a way to get references to blocks at the drawings.

I saw is possible to create an ObjectId instance using the oldId attribute, but I don't know if it is a "deprecated" attribute, or if there is any reason to avoid its use (compatibility issues with future versions, etc...), or if it is the best way to do what I need

Thanks in advance :-)

Ruben Dopico
Distinguished Contributor
NathTay
Message 2 of 3 (45 Views)

Re: Is there any reason for avoid using

12-18-2006 01:13 PM in reply to: rubendm
Look at Handle's.

Regards - Nathan
Active Contributor
rubendm
Message 3 of 3 (45 Views)

Re: Is there any reason for avoid using

12-19-2006 04:25 AM in reply to: rubendm
Hi Nathan,
Thank you very much. With the ObjectARX doc about Handles and this forum topic (http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5163391) I was able to solve my problem.

Regards
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.