.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing an external COM application with a .NET module in-process to AutoCAD

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
marjiestoffer
367 Views, 0 Replies

Interfacing an external COM application with a .NET module in-process to AutoCAD

I am running Windows 7, 64bit, with AutoCAD Electrical 2010. I was wondering if anyone with a similar setup has had any success in trying to interface an out-of-process .NET application with an in-process assembly in AutoCAD by exposing the in-process assembly to com and loading it into AutoCAD with the out-of-process application based on its ProgId in the registry.  I have a need for two-way communication between my in-process app. and my out-of-process app.  I found this solution on one of the Autodesk blogs and think it would be a good solution if I can get it to work. This is the link to the code : http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2010/02/handling-com-calls-rejected-b...

When I run the application, I get the FileNotFoundException when it runs this line in the code:

INumberAddition app =

(INumberAddition)acApp.GetInterfaceObject(

"LoadableComponent.Commands"

);

I can see the ProgId “LoadableComponent.Commands” in the registry.  I can’t see the com object from my Visual Studio session (add ref. list), so I think it may be related to my operating system.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost