Did you mean: 

Inserting an Exploded Block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PSharpe
772 Views, 4 Replies

Inserting an Exploded Block

Hey All,

Im a little difficulty finding a .Net method for inserting a block exploded. Thats Exploded before insert not insert then exploded, the same functionality as putting a * infront of a blockname when inserting from the CAD command prompt, or ticking the explode check box in the CAD insert dialog box (If i am understanding this correctly).

Im currently thinking that since this appears (and this is only my understanding so please correct me if im wrong) to insert the block explode it then remove the block definition for the overall drawing leaving only its component block definitions, that i can emulate this by coding this functionality myself in the same way.

Is this the right way to go in .Net or is there some function or overloaded insert method im missing here? Does the insert exploded do anything other than I have described above, that i would need to emulate if i am manually recreating this functionality?

Thanks for any help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: PSharpe

The overload of Database.Insert() that takes a Matrix3d as its first

argument does that.  See the docs.

Message 3 of 5
PSharpe

Thanks Toni once again looks like being spot on for what im looking for but yet again im struggling to find docs on this method.

Tried searching the AutoCAD .Net Developers Guide Nothing, tried looking in the Object browser for the definitions of the parameters etc and nothing, tried googleing the signiture of the method and nothing that explains the parameters or how they are used.

Looking at the docs in the developers guide for Transforming objects http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%20.NET%20Developer's%20Guide/index.html i think i can work it out. just a little frustrating when im used to the level of definition for functions etc that the .Net framework provides via the object browser and the MSDN documentation.

Thanks for info.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I had no trouble finding the docs for this method in the managed

class reference included with the SDK (that's what I meant by

'docs). The file containing the docs is arxmgd.chm.

Message 5 of 5
PSharpe

Thanks thats what i have been missing in my quests for information. You have solved many many issues for me with the one comment.

Very very much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost