.NET

Valued Contributor
McSwiller
Message 1 of 4 (127 Views)

Insert block - bottom right of paperspace

127 Views, 3 Replies
11-06-2006 01:11 PM
Using .Net, how would you go about inserting a block at the bottom rightmost area of a drawing in paperspace - making sure it's in a blank spot? I understand how to insert a block, but not how to juggle things so the block isn't overlaying other items.
Thanks in advance!
Valued Contributor
McSwiller
Message 2 of 4 (127 Views)

Re: Insert block - bottom right of paperspace

11-07-2006 06:05 AM in reply to: McSwiller
-I'm guessing the best alternative is to scale the drawing down, then insert the block in a blank area - would someone give me a hint as to how that's done? Or is there a better way?
Contributor
javenkat
Message 3 of 4 (127 Views)

11-07-2006 10:06 AM in reply to: McSwiller
Database.ExtMax and Database.Extmin give the extents in model space and Database.PextMax and Database.PextMin do the same for paper space.
HTH
Jai
Valued Contributor
McSwiller
Message 4 of 4 (127 Views)

11-07-2006 10:11 AM in reply to: McSwiller
Thanks very much! -I was just coding to find that; it saves me some time!
-We've ended up copying an existing layout and inserting the block in the corner, since the idea of finding or maknig a blank spot in that area just seemed too costly.

Cheers
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.