A Page Setup is the UI in Autocad for  a plotSetting object

A layout is plot setting with a blockTableRecord  

I will post the code we I get a chance to finish it up

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
KLGalloway
Message 14 of 18 (695 Views)

Re: Import Page Setup from Template

06-21-2010 12:16 PM in reply to: caddzone

It is not only unhelpful, but wrong statements such as your last which make me wish you would ignore my posts.

Here is the blurb on Plot Settings objects from the AutoCAD .NET Developer's Guide with some emphasis added to help out:

A PlotSettings object is similar to a Layout object, as both contain identical plot information and this is because the Layout class is derived from the PlotSettings class. The main difference is that a Layout object has an associated BlockTableRecord object containing the geometry to plot. A PlotSettings object is not associated with a particular BlockTableRecord object. It is simply a named collection of plot settings available for use with any geometry. PlotSettings objects are known as page setups in the AutoCAD user interface and are accessed from the Page Setup Manager.

There wouldn't be an issue if the Guide had just continued with a line or two about getting to them programmatically and performing whatever it is the "Set as Current" button does, but nothing is mentioned.

You really need to do some research before you smart off. You have been no more and probably less helpful to anyone on this issue than you were on this post of mine which first clued me in to your "I'd rather be cryptic and look clever than actually do enough research to be both clever and helpful" attitude. Please, please carry out your menacing and oh so horrible to contemplate threat not to reply to my posts!!! Please!!! Please!!! I<Lovely gratuitous comment about good advertising for your company not included because I really need to quit letting you think you have a chance so you will stop replying>.

KLGalloway
Message 15 of 18 (694 Views)

06-21-2010 12:17 PM in reply to: Jeffrey_H

fro2001,

I will be looking forward to your code submission.

Valued Mentor
caddzone
Message 16 of 18 (671 Views)

06-21-2010 04:31 PM in reply to: KLGalloway

And you just did exactly what I said I'd sit back and watch you do.

The docs you quoted unequivocally confirms what just I said (that a

Layout is a PlotSettings object). The fact that you are incapable of

figuring out how to make the settings from the latter 'current' even

after Norman's code shows how to do that, means that you should

probably stop wasting your employer's money.

AcadXTabs for AutoCAD
Supporting AutoCAD 2000-2011

Valued Mentor
caddzone
Message 17 of 18 (666 Views)

06-21-2010 04:51 PM in reply to: KLGalloway

KLGalloway wrote:

You have been no more and probably less helpful to anyone on this issue than you were on this post of mine which first clued me in to your "I'd rather be cryptic and look clever than actually do enough research to be both clever and helpful" attitude.

It's clear from what little participation you've made here, that the problem is on your end,

rather than on mine or Norman's.

The fact that you conveniently confuse "cryptic", with your own comprehension problems

and inexperience would seem to more than adequately explain what leads you to expect

others to go out of their way to spell everything out for you in terms the average third-

grader can understand. Which in-turn, makes it abundantly clear that you really should not be

wasting your employer's money by making misrepresentations about your ability insofar as

customizing AutoCAD with the .NET API.

The attitude you've demonstrated to date in this and the thread you reference above, pretty

much seals your fate, insofar as getting help from this resource, as I'm fairly confident that

most who are able to help you will choose not to bother, after reading your posts.

AcadXTabs for AutoCAD
Supporting AutoCAD 2000-2011

Valued Mentor
Jeffrey_H
Message 18 of 18 (652 Views)

06-21-2010 10:03 PM in reply to: caddzone

I Added new post with code

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.