Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import DWG file in Visual Studio

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1130 Views, 5 Replies

Import DWG file in Visual Studio

Is there any control, function or libraries that let me import and handle a DWG file in Visual Studio?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

If by that, you mean manipulate a DWG file outside of AutoCAD then you will need to purchase RealDWG.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Does the RealDWG let me link information of external database to the elements of a drawing 3D with extension DWG?
Message 4 of 6
khoa.ho

RealDWG is AutoCAD .NET API without interface libraries (reference only acdbmgd.dll, no need accoremgd.dll & acmgd.dll). What ever you can do on AutoCAD for DWG database can be done the same with RealDWG. You can link external database (SQL Server, Oracle...) to 3D entities in DWG files.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: khoa.ho

Thanks for your post, Is there any tutorial or course to learn to handle libraries of RealDWG?
Message 6 of 6
khoa.ho

If you buy RealDWG license from Tech Soft 3D (official vendor of Autodesk), there is an option to buy additional RealDWG support from Autodesk. As this forum is not for the commercial RealDWG support, it is better to have official Autodesk support. However, it should not be a problem is you have knowledge of AutoCAD .NET API.

ADN is a good starting resource at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=770257
Kean's blog: http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2008/06/devtv-on-realdw.html
Google also is a very good resource.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost