Did you mean: 

How to wrap acedSSGet()

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jbooth
491 Views, 4 Replies

How to wrap acedSSGet()

Good morning,

I was writing code that selected objects using SelectCrossingWindow() and noticed that the function only selects entities with geometric extents completely visible in the current viewport.

I want to select from the entire database (limited to modelspace).

To do this it looks like I need to import acedSSGet() but I am unsure how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jbooth

Just curious, but what version of Autocad are you using? What language are you using for your .Net environment? Have you tried using a selection set filter using something like

TypedValue((short)DxfCode.LayoutName, "Model")

Dan
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

SelectCrossingWindow() is just a wrapper around
acedSSGet("c",...), and that's where the limitation is.

So, if you mean to select objects within a given
boundary, directly calling acedSSGet() isn't going
to give you any different results.

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2008
Supporting AutoCAD 2000 through 2008
http://www.acadxtabs.com

wrote in message news:5581728@discussion.autodesk.com...
Good morning,

I was writing code that selected objects using SelectCrossingWindow() and noticed that the function only selects entities with geometric extents completely visible in the current viewport.

I want to select from the entire database (limited to modelspace).

To do this it looks like I need to import acedSSGet() but I am unsure how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Message 4 of 5
jbooth

Actually, I thought I could call acedSSGet() with "c" and "x" at the same time, or that I could use "x" and still specify the two window points to return with the entities I wanted.

Would I take a huge performance hit if I just searched for the entities I want myself? All the entities I want will have geometric extents completely within the bounds of my crossing window.

I've also considered using zoom extents as part of my automation, but visually it doesn't look so good. 😉
Message 5 of 5
jbooth

To answer your question, I'm using Visual Studio 2005 (VB.NET) with the .NET framework 2.0. I'm currently coding for AutoCAD 2007, but I expect that may shift to 2008 when our office gets upgraded.

Yes I can use that filter, but what I really need is an AutoCAD collection only containing objects within a window defined by a block reference's geometric extents.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost