Did you mean: 

how to set AssocArrayPathParameters?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
qxzhu
1015 Views, 6 Replies

how to set AssocArrayPathParameters?

Associative arrays have a Z direction option which specifies whether to maintain the original Z direction or to naturally bank the items along a 3D path. How to set the AssocArrayPathParameters to match Z direction?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: qxzhu

Hello,

I am looking into this and will get back to you with an update.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 7
Balaji_Ram

Hello,

Sorry, There is no such AssocArrayPathParameter property that will control the Z direction of the associative array.

For the same reason, it is also not possible to change the Z direction in the AutoCAD UI properties palette after the Associative array has been created. For example, you can change the "AlignItems" property using the properties palette but there is no such "Maintain Z direction" property.

I think when an AssocArray is created using the AutoCAD UI, the Z direction is set for the block references after the AssocArray is created. I have attached two screenshots that show the Normal value for the BlockReferences that represent the AssocArray for "Maintain Z direction=Yes" and "Maintain Z direction=No".

The Normal direction for the block reference can be computed based on the position of the block reference and the normal at a point on the path curve which is closest to the position of the block reference.

Balaji

Message 4 of 7
qxzhu
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Balaji,Thank you very much.

Message 5 of 7
qxzhu

hello,Balaji

i try it ,but the nomal have none change in my block refenrence.

Message 6 of 7
Balaji_Ram

Hello,

I have attached a drawing and a screenshot to verify the Normal. The AssocArray in this drawing has been created with "Maintain Z direction=No". The Normal of the block references are different for each block reference and not equal to [0 0 1].

If you continue to have the issue, can you please share a simplified non-confidential drawing that you are using to verify this ?

Balaji

Message 7 of 7
qxzhu

It's my mistake.I snoop the whole blockrefrence. The Normal of the block references are different for each block reference。Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost