.NET

Contributor
elmarko
Message 1 of 16 (1,150 Views)

How to run OPM sample from Kean's blog?

1150 Views, 15 Replies
09-23-2010 07:59 PM

has anyone tried to get the following sample to run from c# express?

re: Modifying an AutoCAD object’s state via a dynamic property defined using .NET

URL:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2009/05/modifying-an-autocad-objects-...

This post has link to sample project for accessing property pallet, but I can't figure out how to make it work.  There is a mixture of c++ and c# and I can't find what modules I have to save to acad's folder (per kean's instructions) and what reference to use to replace the one that doesn't load when I try to run the sample project he supplied.

When I run the csproj file in the downloaded sample project a reference comes up "missing"

Warning 1 The referenced component 'OPMNetExt' could not be found.  

There is no OPMNetExt.dll in the downloaded sample, there is an OPMNetExtSample.dll and I placed that in the acad folder as he directed but that isn't the right one.

I also get the error:

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'OPM' does not exist in the namespace 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.Windows' (are you missing an assembly reference?) 

and the error:

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'IDynamicProperty2' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Employee
kean.walmsley
Message 2 of 16 (1,132 Views)

Re: How to run OPM sample from Kean's blog?

09-24-2010 08:22 AM in reply to: elmarko

You should be able to pick up the compiled C++ module (asdkOPMNetExt.dll) from the win32-bin folder of the appropriate ZIP file (depending on your AutoCAD version). I don't have a 64-bit version, unfortunately.

Kean

Contributor
elmarko
Message 3 of 16 (1,111 Views)

09-24-2010 07:55 PM in reply to: kean.walmsley

I did copy that to the acad folder and set a reference to it.  However the reference is asdkOPMNetExt, leaving still a OPMNetExt reference in the project as missing....Maybe this has something to do with me being on express version 2008?

fwiw I'm trying the 2009 version first, though I could try both.

where is OPMNetExt object that needs referenced?

I'm double clicking OPMNetSample.csproj to start the sample project, is that what I should be doing?

(it ran through the upgrade process and I replaced the references to acdbmgd and acmgd with my local versions in C:\ObjectARX 2010\inc-win32

the warning i get now is: Warning 1 The referenced component 'OPMNetExt' could not be found.  
when I try to load OpmNetExt I get the error dialog:

"Path to OPMNetExt.vcproj" cannot be opened because its project type(.vcproj) is not supported by this version of the application.  To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project.

I'm lost, sorry.

mark

Employee
kean.walmsley
Message 4 of 16 (1,080 Views)

09-27-2010 05:50 AM in reply to: elmarko

OPMNetExt is the logical name the project uses for the asdkOPMNetExt.dll assembly. The project loads just fine for me in Visual Studio 2008 (I haven't tried Express, but I would not expect it to behave differently).

Have you tried removing the OPMNetExt reference and re-adding it (by browsing to asdkOPMNetExt.dll)?

Kean

Valued Mentor
Jeffrey_H
Message 5 of 16 (1,072 Views)

09-27-2010 07:03 AM in reply to: kean.walmsley

"OPMNetExt.vcproj" Are you referencing the project file or ".dll"

Reference the ".dll"

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Employee
kean.walmsley
Message 6 of 16 (1,070 Views)

09-27-2010 07:06 AM in reply to: Jeffrey_H

The DLL. You should not need to touch the Visual C++ project file (.vcproj) at all.

Kean

Valued Mentor
Jeffrey_H
Message 7 of 16 (1,068 Views)

09-27-2010 07:24 AM in reply to: kean.walmsley

Hey Kean

I noticed this in elmarko's post

"Path to OPMNetExt.vcproj" cannot be opened because its project type(.vcproj) is not supported by this version of the application.  To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project.

I was just letting him know that was problem and I really enjoy and pick up alot good stuff from your blog.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Employee
kean.walmsley
Message 8 of 16 (1,066 Views)

09-27-2010 07:25 AM in reply to: Jeffrey_H

Thanks, Jeffrey - I replied quickly without realising you'd stepped in. :-)

Kean

detlevfabricius4418
Message 9 of 16 (407 Views)

04-24-2013 12:27 PM in reply to: kean.walmsley

Dear Kean,

could it meanwhile be possible to get a 64 bit Version of the asdkOPMNetExt.dll?

If yes, would it be too unpolite to ask you to tell me how I could get it?

Det.

Employee
kean.walmsley
Message 10 of 16 (392 Views)

04-24-2013 06:15 PM in reply to: detlevfabricius4418
Dear Det,

Just email me at kean.walmsley@autodesk.com - I'll send it to you.

Regards,

Kean
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.