.NET

gdaniels2
Message 11 of 16 (189 Views)

Re: How to run OPM sample from Kean's blog?

05-03-2013 09:10 AM in reply to: kean.walmsley

Hi,

I tried to migrate the sample OPMNetExt 2010 project to AutoCAD 2013 x64 VS2012, but since my visual studio skills are quite low and C++/arx skills non existant, I failed miserably, I tried updating all the header files from the 2013 Object Arx SDK but no luck. (I'm just an AutoCAD user not developer that originally played in the VBA/ActiveX stuff and have now moved over to .NET).

This would be a great feature for an amature developer like me to have access to, I have started looking at your blog articles on the display Overrule API which seems to be nice and simple, but I'm thinking I can't really put thoose tools to good use unless I can add additional OPM properties on the objects?

Should it be simple for me to take this project and migrate from one AutoCAD version to another without actually having any clue about the C++/Arx parts? Or are there any plans for a wrapper like this to be included directly in AutoCAD .NET api?

Many thanks,

Graham.

Employee
kean.walmsley
Message 12 of 16 (187 Views)

05-03-2013 09:38 AM in reply to: gdaniels2
Hi Graham,

There are various types of Overrules, some do indeed work well with object properties.

I can send you a version that's been ported to 2013 x64 - send me an email and I'll attach it to my response.

Regards,

Kean
gdaniels2
Message 13 of 16 (184 Views)

05-03-2013 10:00 AM in reply to: gdaniels2

Many thanks Kean - email sent!

Actually my company do have a lot of Arx/C++ developers and ADN professional membership, so I can get one of them to help me port the code next time im in the office! But I'm still a bit concerened about the availability of this functionality in furture versions - should I be?

Just to clairfy what I'm thinking this will allow me to do all within .NET....

Create overrules on display of objects

Add additional OPM properties on those objects (persisted using xdata)

Add additional grips to objects again using overrules

Can I then rename that object in the OPM (so it looks like a custom object to the user)?

Is that how Autodesk intended the Overrule API to be used?

Thanks,

Graham

Employee
kean.walmsley
Message 14 of 16 (160 Views)

05-06-2013 04:58 AM in reply to: gdaniels2

Hi Graham,

> Create overrules on display of objects

You should be able to do this, already, using a DrawableOverrule. But yes, you can use this in conjunction with data made editable via this module.

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2009/04/optimized-overruling-in-autoc...

> Add additional OPM properties on those objects (persisted using xdata)

Yes: http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2009/05/modifying-an-autocad-objects-...

> Add additional grips to objects again using overrules

Again, independent functionality, but still possible: http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2009/08/knowing-when-an-autocad-objec... 

> Can I then rename that object in the OPM (so it looks like a custom object to the user)?

That may be possible, but I haven't tried it. You should ping ADN on that one, unless someone else here has managed it and can chime in.

Regards,

Kean

Message 15 of 16 (94 Views)

09-19-2013 03:38 AM in reply to: kean.walmsley

Dear Kean! We I faced with exactly the same problem. Cannot launch your code on win7 x64 Autocad Civil 3D 2011/2012. I mean I can build a solution and netload an apliccation but id doesn't work without any exception or message.

Thanks in advance!

Employee
kean.walmsley
Message 16 of 16 (83 Views)

09-19-2013 05:17 AM in reply to: 89033093792

Please send me an email and I'll send you a 64-bit version to try out.

Kean

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.