Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read a DWG file by C Sharp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nnmmss
1218 Views, 2 Replies

How to read a DWG file by C Sharp

I have a big big problem. I am writting a stand alone c# application and I want to read the entities inside of DWG file with its attributes without opening the Autocad. I don't want to write or change any thing inside of the DWG. I searched a lot and found that I can write or changes entities attribute inside of DWG with OBJECTArx , but i could't find any sample for opening a DWG and reading the entities inside of it?

all I got was about Managed API . By using that I just creat a dll inside of Visual studio and the loading that dll into the Autocad by using NETLOAD and and the calling the commands. but I don't need that, I have a Stand alone c# application byt clicking a button all of the entities inside of a DWG file should be read and be shown those entities with their properties.

I need a sample or any documentation for that . Or event any other solution for that.

any idea is appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: nnmmss

Your stand-alone application MUST have AutoCAD installed and running (either started by your app, or pre-started; Also, you cannot use ObjectARX managed API from outside AutoCAD. You have to use AutoCAD COM API.

If you really do not want to AutoCAD involved, you have to look into buying RealDwg SDK license, if it is worth your development effort.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
nnmmss
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thank  you for your answer.

can you tell me more about AutoCAD COM API? do you have reference for that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost