.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement Drop-down list (based on IDynamicEnumProperty) in OPM?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
markus.keller
1176 Views, 3 Replies

How to implement Drop-down list (based on IDynamicEnumProperty) in OPM?

Hi!

Is there somone who can explain/show a sample of how a custom drop-down list in OPM can be implemented? Based on some articels by Kean Walmsley, I have successfully implemented categorized properties in the OPM using a .NET wrapper and C#. I have a class imlementing the members of the IDynamicEnumProperty, ICategorizeProperties and IDynamicProperty2 interfaces (based on ObjectARX 2013).

However, I do not really understand how to code custom drop-down list using .NET wrapper and OPM. I am using AutoCAD 2013 and 2014. I have read a lot of posts regarding OPM but there was no helpful information in regards to create custom drop-down lists. I will greatly appreciate any help showing how to achieve that or giving a link to more details.

Regards,
Markus
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: markus.keller

Hi Markus,

Sorry for the delay.

I have attached a sample project that my colleague Philippe Leefsma had created some time back to demonstrate this.

Hope this helps.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
markus.keller
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for the response and the example code which works perfect in my case. Cool stuff. I had to tweak the C++ project to make it compile in my environment, but it finally worked well for me.
You also solved another issue by showing how to use a CustomProperty constructor to initialize field data overriding some of the implemented interface members in the DynamicProperty class. This was actually a minor issue I was still working on ... so, thank you for solving this also 😉

Regards,
Markus
Regards,
Markus
Message 4 of 4
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: markus.keller

Hi Markus,

Glad to hear that the sample project was helpful.

I have communicated your appreciation to Philippe who is author of that sample project.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost