.NET

massoudshakeri
Message 1 of 4 (388 Views)

How to create a ribbon upon loading the dll

388 Views, 3 Replies
05-07-2012 12:55 PM

Hi,

Sorry for asking this newbie question. I could not figure it out how to do this.

I found a sample project named RibbonSample in which by running a command, a new tab will be added to the ribbon.

I am trying to have that tab added upon loading the dll. So I added that command in the constructor of the dll, by "

SendStringToExecute" command. But the new tab did not show up. Then I added the method which creates the tab in the constructor, and I found the same thing. In both cases, when I type the command for creating the ribbon tab, a second tab, along with the first tab I added in the constructor, show up.

So I guess two possible options I have:

•  first, find a way to make the new ribbon tab to be shown at first place, when the dll is loaded.
  •  Second, to find a way to postpone running a command added in the constructor of the dll, until the dll is loaded, so it can run like when I type it.

Your insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Massoud

*Expert Elite*
chiefbraincloud
Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

Re: How to create a ribbon upon loading the dll

05-07-2012 04:24 PM in reply to: massoudshakeri

No garuantees, but I have had success using ads_queueexpr in the initialize routine, and DocumentActivated event, to do things that I could not otherwise do, because of the state of the document or application.

It essentially puts a command on the command stack, which will then be executed when AutoCAD has become ready to execute commands.  (I'm not sure why it is any different from SendStringToExecute, but I believe that it is)

It is an ARX command, which needs to be P/Invoked from .NET

VB:

<System.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImport("acad.exe", CharSet:=System.Runtime.InteropServices.CharSet.Unicode, CallingConvention:=System.Runtime.InteropServices.CallingConvention.Cdecl, EntryPoint:="ads_queueexpr")> _
Public Shared Function ads_queueexpr(expression As String) As Integer
End Function

C#

[DllImport("acad.exe", CharSet = CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl)]
extern static private int ads_queueexpr(string strExpr);

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
massoudshakeri
Message 3 of 4 (366 Views)

05-07-2012 06:54 PM in reply to: chiefbraincloud

Thanks for your response.

As I found in the ObjectArx help, it says:

Do not use ads_queueexpr() in any context other then the kLoadDwgMsg case of acrxEntryPoint()

Moreover, I found in another discussion that to use it in Acad 2013, we need to use "accore.dll" instead. But the sample code was in VB.NET, so I translated that to C# as following :

[DllImport("accore.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Ansi, CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl, EntryPoint = "ads_queueexpr")]

public static extern int ads_queueexpr(string strExpr);

then added this line in the constructor:

ads_queueexpr("MyRIBBON ");

But it seems it does not work.

Am I missing something?

Massoud

Alexander.Rivilis
Message 4 of 4 (359 Views)

05-07-2012 09:50 PM in reply to: massoudshakeri

What about

ads_queueexpr("(command \"MyRIBBON\")");

?

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.