.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the layer to be on or off using c#.net ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dreamwtx
1625 Views, 6 Replies

How to change the layer to be on or off using c#.net ?

I hope that i can implement the function not using dll file in autocad. just carry out it  in  out of autocad  .

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: dreamwtx

Hi,

>> I hope that i can implement the function not using dll file in autocad

Not sure what you like to do now.

If you don't want to create a DLL but you want to develop in C# then you have to create an EXE and you have to use the COM-interface in such way:

ThisDrawing.Layers("myLayerName").LayerOn = false

Or you use VBA or LISP or SCRIPT or .... Or I'm fully wrong and didn't understand your question correctly, then sorry and please try to explain a little bit more detailed what you want to get.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
arcticad
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I posted some code over here just a few minutes ago.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/how-to-access-AutoCAD-2012-from-Vb-net-Standard-Exe/td-p/3363237

---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))
Message 4 of 7
dreamwtx

i  want to develop exe using c# which can call autocad and carry out change of  the property (such as layer on or off ,names of layers).  for example, i have a dwg than contains a few layers ,i wanna to close a layers then saveas a dwg.

in fact,i am not sure that if the functions can be implemented  using c# and not using dll file. this  is just my idea. i also  don't know this way is wrong or right.  i just borrow ideas from secondary development  for solidworks

Message 5 of 7
dreamwtx

could  you give me more codes like "ThisDrawing.Layers("myLayerName").LayerOn = false"?

alfred.neswadba wrote:

Hi,

>> I hope that i can implement the function not using dll file in autocad

Not sure what you like to do now.

If you don't want to create a DLL but you want to develop in C# then you have to create an EXE and you have to use the COM-interface in such way:

ThisDrawing.Layers("myLayerName").LayerOn = false

Or you use VBA or LISP or SCRIPT or .... Or I'm fully wrong and didn't understand your question correctly, then sorry and please try to explain a little bit more detailed what you want to get.

- alfred -

Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: dreamwtx

Hi,

you got a link from articad for how to access AutoCAD (COM) from an exe.

Then take the document-object, within that you have a collection of Layers, search your layer (by key within the collection, I called it in the sample "myLayerName") and switch it off (property LayerOn)

There is not more code then the above line necessary to switch off a layer with a name you know.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 7
arcticad

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/

---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost