Did you mean: 

How does Internet Explorer open the .dwg files in WebDGN

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RamanSBV
1824 Views, 2 Replies

How does Internet Explorer open the .dwg files in WebDGN

We have a web application, where we can import/view Auto-Cad files. When we try to view these auto cad files, the browser renders them in the WebDGN but we want it to open in AutoCad.

My question here is how does the Internet Explorer(IE) render it in WebDGN? I did not install WebDGN on my system, so how does this happen?

The web always opens the dwg files in the WebDGN window irespective of whether the AutoCad is installed in the system or not.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
arcticad
in reply to: RamanSBV

Change the Application association

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

and as this is the first I've heard of this program. it looks like it has something to do with microstation.

---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))
Message 3 of 3
chiefbraincloud
in reply to: RamanSBV

Note: for proper behavior, when you assign the Open With target, you should NOT assign it to ACAD.EXE, especially if you have more than one version installed.  You should assign it to the AutoCAD DWG Launcher, which should be located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcShellEx\AcLauncher.exe  (On XP or Win7)

For what its worth, my quick search indicates that WebDGN is not created by Microstation, and it's not cheap ($2500), so it is not likely that it was installed by accident.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost