Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Help Connecting VB.net to AutoCAD 2012. It's allmost impossable

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
muckmailer
1355 Views, 25 Replies

Help Help Connecting VB.net to AutoCAD 2012. It's allmost impossable

I have been trying to connect to AutoCAD 2012 64 bit without any luck. for some time.

I have tryed Jerry Winters templates for autoCAD 2010 64 bit. No luck because it can't

find the working directory.  If I try to correct that problem I come up with other errors.

I have trying installing AutoCAD 2012 wizzard and I have no luck to get it working When I install

It says "Visual Studio Express 2008 or 2010 not installed "when I have VS 2008 allready installed on

my machine. Unblocking the file does not change anything.  Is a another dead end.

I have VS 2008 express install on my AutoCAD 2012 machine 64 bit. Can some give

a suggestion to make a VB.net connection to AutoCAD. Maybe a working sample program

works on AutoCAD 2012 (64 bit) would help. Maybe a 2012 template for AutoCAD 2012 (64bit)

to see if a can get some kind of AutoCAD connection.

Any suggestions, I am about to give up on this VB.net thing.

Thank you,

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
muckmailer
in reply to: muckmailer

The attached file shows the error I get after following the above proceedure.

Message 22 of 26
muckmailer

Well I got AutoCAD wizzard install on VS 2008 but when I start a AutoCAD template how should I

fill in the box showen in the file attachment.

Thank you,

Message 23 of 26

Hi,

sometimes my feeling is I'm tested here 😉

If you have the Wizard already downloaded (I checked it now from >>>here<<<, scroll down a bit until you see the link to this zip: AutoCAD 2010-2012 DotNet Wizards.zip).

Within that zip-file you have a directory Installing_and_using_the_AutoCAD_dotNET_Wizards and that has a quite simple and quite detailed description for how to install it and how to use it.

Why don't you look at the tools&helps&docs you already have?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 24 of 26

I have Net Wazard installed on Vb.net 2008 and I have a template but when I run that program

from that template I get errors. I am not at my 64 bit computer until Monday but I will review what

we have done and get back with you. I have an file attach that show resulting errors.

Message 25 of 26
_rhenley

So when exactly do you plan on installing the required development environment for debugging with AutoCAD 2012 ? Or are you just going to continue to beat yourself up by continuing to use Express 2008 instead ?
Message 26 of 26
muckmailer

Well,   would I be better off to use VS 2010 express on it?

Would that solve a lot of setup problems?

I guess I would need to reinstall wizzard after in install VS2012 express on it.

Thank youi,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost