Did you mean: 

Help for using Publisher

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AubelecBE
426 Views, 4 Replies

Help for using Publisher

Hi all.

How i can use Publisher for plotting a window .

I dont can use the plotting system. (I have many paper size and rotation so i have error eInvalidPlot)

So i have to use PDFCreator and plot a window after another.

I have check the DSD.. but i dont see the choose of window  (see only filenam or layout)

(I can create a view for my plot).

Anyone have a example for demonstrate the system of publisher ?

tanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: AubelecBE

Hi,

>> How i can use Publisher for plotting a window

Do you mean "Microsoft Publisher" as product or the command _PUBLISH from AutoCAD?

If command _PUBLISH is requested then no, it does not support Window (AFAIK). The question then is why don's you use _PLOT instead? Or if you try to plot a series of drawings and/or multiple windows from modelspace why do you need _PUBLISH if you write the app that does the plot?

If you meant the product Publisher then you might have to search for forums about Publisher.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
AubelecBE
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I want to create a PDF with many page. Each page is from a Block. Each Bloc have different form. The only solution is --> PDFCreator...
Message 4 of 5
norman.yuan
in reply to: AubelecBE

I assume by "Publisher" you refer to Autodesk.AutoCAD.Publishing.Publisher class. I also assume that you have already read some articles posted in AutoCAD DevBlog, such as:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/publishing-all-layouts-of-the-drawing-file-to-a-dwf-fi...

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/05/how-to-use-the-autodeskautocadpublishingpublisherpubli...

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/05/how-to-use-autodeskautocadpublishingpublisherpublishex...

and also from www.theswamp.org:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=31897.msg474069#msg474069

yes, with the API exposed in Autodesk.AutoCAD.Publishing, you can only publish/plot to PDF/Dwf(x) Layout (include Model layer).

In order to plot a portion of layout/model defined by a window, you have 2 choices:

1. Use API defined in Autodesk.AutoCAd.PlottingService namespace. You can search Kean Wamsley's posts for a series of posts on plotting by code. However there is a catch: if you want to plot into a multiple page PDF (no multiple Dwf(x) can be done in this way!) file, all the output paper size for each page MUST be the same. That is, if you want to plot a multiple windows into a multiple page PDF, you cannot plot to scale, if the windows sizes are different. You must use the same paper size for each page and scale to fit the output.

2. You can use Publisher. But you must create some temporary layouts for the plotting and delete them afterwards. Actually I just did a project similar to plotting content in certain windows. Since the issue I mentioned in 1, I have to use Publisher class. What I did is to create a searies of temporary layout, arrange the content to plot in those temporary layouts (copy, or whatever methods needed to make the content on the rtemp. layout look the same as the window enclosed). Then the drawing MUST BE SAVED before using Publisher to publish the temporary layout. After publishing, I then delete the temp. layouts. It sound complicated, but does good job in my case. The complexity lies in how to create the temp layout to show the content as the window enclosed, while using Publisher to publish layout is easy task.

Message 5 of 5
AubelecBE
in reply to: norman.yuan

thanks for reply.

I use now PDFCreator. I plot one by one my window.

i think for use the plot with DWG to PDF.pc3 :

1 have bloc with/height : 410/297 and other : 297/410. So if i use MultiSheet and a rotation for each block i hae the eInvalidPlot error.  So i think to :

1 - create a UCS

2 - use commande _PLAN  for rotate my dwg.

3 - plot the window.

4 -process new block etc..

With this method, the rotation in the plot process is no more needed.

but it is much more easy to use PDFCreator... (I use autocad 2010)..

It is implemented in autocad 2013 ? If not why it is this way for a simple plot process...

i dont want use a secondary softwar for a plot...

. For me using Publisher is too hard now with my knowleg.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost