Did you mean: 

Having two prompts in jig simultaneously

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
392 Views, 2 Replies

Having two prompts in jig simultaneously

Hi,

Is it possible to have two jig options( say Point and Angle) in Draw Jig's Sampler method at the same time and switch between the two using a tab key?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: Anonymous

No, you cannot let Jig's Sampler() method waiting for 2 types of prompt (that is, you can only have one JigPromptOption (Point, Distnace,Angle, or String). However, all these JigPromptOption support keyword input. That is, besides expected input for Point.Distance.Angle or String (I am not sure why JigPromptStringOption is needed while user drags the jig in expecting some kind of visual hints), user can also enter keyword.

For example, if you specify a keword for a moving Jig to allow the jig visual effect change from moving to rotating/scaling, you can make the prompt at command line like this:

"Move entity to [Rotate/Scale/Cancel]: "

Just remember, when user enters the expected input (Point/Angle...) or one of the keyword, the current jig draging ends. You may wrap the Jig's Drag() in a loop, if a keyword is meant for a different type of JigPromptOption.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thanks for the reply, 

But if I check for the rectangle placement logic, I see two prompts which I can use the tab key to switch between them.

In this case, it is the X and Y coordinates. I am expecting something similar but with distance and angle as options.

Refer screenshot:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost