Active Contributor
pfk
Message 1 of 4 (229 Views)
Accepted Solution

Get the currently selected geometry

229 Views, 3 Replies
10-12-2013 03:14 PM

Hi

Is it possible to get a selection set for the currently selected geometry?  If I use the EditorInput selection functions, the user is asked to select an item, however I want the item(s) that has already been selected prior to running the plugin.

Thanks

Valued Mentor
Ajilal.Vijayan
Message 2 of 4 (210 Views)

Re: Get the currently selected geometry

10-12-2013 10:22 PM in reply to: pfk
Active Contributor pfk
Active Contributor
pfk
Message 3 of 4 (149 Views)

10-17-2013 09:28 PM in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

Thank you for the link - it certainly helps.  However there are still some challenges in this area - particularly when debugging.  I am finding that the ed_SelectionAdded and ed_SelectionRemoved events need to be treated carefully.  My code for SelectionAdded fills a combobox with the names of items that have been selected, and the combobox.add method seems to trigger another ed_SelectionAdded event leading to some nasty recursion.  Or it couldn't be the debug breakpoints causing this.  Regardless - the VS debugger ends up locking and finding to root cause is difficult.

Paul

Active Contributor pfk
Active Contributor
pfk
Message 4 of 4 (148 Views)

10-17-2013 09:34 PM in reply to: pfk

EDIT: The solution to this recusion is to set a "dirty" flag in the ed_SelectionAdded event, and then Application_Idle event.

Paul

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.