Get short-cuts - open

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ertqwa
530 Views, 4 Replies

Get short-cuts - open

Hello Forum,

if you use AutoCAD's command "open", on the left side there are short-cuts. I want to retreive the names and paths of those shortcuts. How do I get them? I know they are in the registry, but the registry path is quite complicated and I fear the path will be different for other systems with other AutoCAD versions. Or is there some kind of logic to such a registry path of AutoCAD?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Hallex
in reply to: Ertqwa

Try this one

Dim appver As Object = TryCast(My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD", "CurVer", Nothing), Object)
        If appver IsNot Nothing Then
            MsgBox("you have " + "Autocad.Application." + appver.ToString() + " installed")
        Else
            MsgBox("Out of luck, sorry, use your old code instead")
        End If

~'J'~

in reply to: Hallex

Ty for your reply.

the registry key that contains the shortcuts in 'OPEN' looks something like this for AutoCAD2009:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.2\ACAD-7005:409\Profiles\<<Profile>>\Dialogs\AllAnavDialogs

R17.2 means it is AutoCAD2009, which you can get with the code you suggested. But what does "ACAD-7005:409" stand for?

Message 4 of 5
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: Ertqwa

Please refer to this for the details on ProductID and LocaleID :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9120436&linkID=9240617

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/09/automatic_loadi.html

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 5
Ertqwa
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Great, ty!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost