Get Mleader Block Attributes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Rob.O
1326 Views, 3 Replies

Get Mleader Block Attributes

Hi all!

I need help reading the values from an Mleader object that contains a block.  I can get attributes from normal blocks with no problem, but I am struggling with this.

I can get all the way up to casting the attributes, but when I try getting the AttributeReference, the code crashes.  How do I get the AttributeReference from the AttributeDefinition?  As it is now, if I declare the AttributeDefinition, the values return as nothing.

Dim acDoc As Document = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument
        Dim acCurDb As Database = acDoc.Database
        Dim acEd As Editor = DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor

'' Start a transaction
        Using acTrans As Transaction = acCurDb.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()

Try

Dim acBt As BlockTable = acDoc.Database.BlockTableId.GetObject(OpenMode.ForRead)
                Dim acBtrMs As BlockTableRecord = DirectCast(acBt(BlockTableRecord.ModelSpace).GetObject(OpenMode.ForRead), BlockTableRecord)

Dim myReinfVals As New List(Of String)
                Dim myReinfQtys As New List(Of String)
                 For Each objId As ObjectId In acBtrMs

Dim acMReinf As MLeader = TryCast(acTrans.GetObject(objId, OpenMode.ForRead), MLeader)
                    If acMReinf IsNot Nothing Then
                        Dim MleadStyle As MLeaderStyle = acTrans.GetObject(acMReinf.MLeaderStyle, OpenMode.ForRead)
                        Dim strMlStyle As String = MleadStyle.Name
                        If strMlStyle = "ECDT_ANO-Rebar" Then
                            If MleadStyle.ContentType = ContentType.BlockContent Then
                                Dim blkid As ObjectId = acBt("X$X_ANO-RebarID")
                                Dim blk As BlockTableRecord = CType(acTrans.GetObject(blkid, OpenMode.ForRead), BlockTableRecord)
                                    For Each attobjId As ObjectId In blk
                                    Dim acEnt As Entity = CType(acTrans.GetObject(attobjId, OpenMode.ForRead), Entity)
                                    	If TypeOf acEnt Is AttributeDefinition Then
                                       		Dim attDef As AttributeDefinition = DirectCast(acEnt, AttributeDefinition)
						Dim attRef As AttributeReference = DirectCast(acEnt, AttributeReference)   '' << Cannot cast as Attributereference or code crashes
					End If
                                    Next
			    End If
                        End If
                    End If                    
                Next
	    Catch ex As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.Exception
                MsgBox("An error has occured. Please contact you system administrator." & vbCr & vbCr & ex.Message & vbCr & ex.StackTrace)
            Finally
            End Try
            acTrans.Commit()
        End Using

Thanks for any advice!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rob.O
in reply to: Rob.O

Just an aside...

I am also not able to cast the objectid to a BlockReference (as I normally would for a regular block) without AutoCAD crashing.

Dim acBref As BlockReference = blkid.GetObject(OpenMode.ForRead)

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
chiefbraincloud
in reply to: Rob.O

Open acMReinf.BlockContentId as a BlockReference, and access the AttributeReference's ObjectId's through the that BlockReferences AttributeCollection.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 4 of 4
mikeFJU7S
in reply to: chiefbraincloud

chiefbraincloud,

Pardon my inexperience, but I am having a similar to the one described by Rob O.  Using VB.net, I want to capture the value of the attribute contained within an Mleader having a content of "Block", specifically the "BOX" block.  Can you further explain your solution (below) to Rob O's question?

Thanks for your assistance with this matter. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost