Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

general vb.net - custom controls or other ways of handling similar data

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kcimos
329 Views, 1 Reply

general vb.net - custom controls or other ways of handling similar data

I'm developing a routine that uses a windows form to gather data from the user. For a lot of this I need info for the Left side & the Right side. I have pretty much finished writing the code to take care of the Right side. I have 40 properties now all with "Right" in their names in anticipation of needing corresponding "Left" ones. I have numerous textboxes, checkboxes, & radiobottons on the form along with various input validation methods used to set these 40 properties.

I could just copy all of this code & replace "Right" with "Left", but there are about 500 lines of code (hard to tell since I use a lot of white space), and that seems rather inefficient, especially if something needs to change.

I'm starting to think that maybe I should develop this into one custom control that could be used for botth sides. This would be new territory for me, so I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this or alternative ways of dealing 40 right properties & 40 left properties and all that goes behind making those properties work.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DiningPhilosopher
in reply to: kcimos

Have you considered using a PropertyGrid ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost