Did you mean: 

Finding AECC and other reference paths in C#

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RobertScott5419
791 Views, 3 Replies

Finding AECC and other reference paths in C#

Hi,

I'm trying to get the sample project DotNetComInterop working that was included in the Sample\Civil3d Api directory when I installed autocad. I wanted to get this project working because then I could use it as a base for my real goal of creating points and point groups from a *.csv file.

The problem is when I open the project in visual studio 2008, it doesn't have all the libraries included. By guess and check I got it compile with some warnings about like:

AutoCAD.Interop.WindowState claimes it's defined in Autodesk.AutoCADInterop.dll but it could not be found

and when i go to run it in autocad I get a popup saying:

Unable to cast com object of type Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.AcadDocumentClass to interface type Autodesk.AECC.Interop.UiLand.IAecc.Document this opperation failed because the QueryInterface call on the com component for the interface with IDD failed due to the following error: NO such interface supported.

I was wondering if you could help me out either by fixing my error, telling me where another sample project would be that does something simular, or where some helpful documentation about AECC library and how to link it in.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: RobertScott5419

What version? The 2011 Sample still reference the 2010 objects.

There is a Civil3d specific customization group where you may get more specific help. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Customization/bd-p/190

You may want to check out the source code for SincpacC3D's Free Edition. It will likely save you a lot of time learning the basics, although most of it was written for the COM side, as the C3D managed API wasn't too complete until the last few versions. There's a link on the left side of this page: http://www.quuxsoft.com/

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4

I'm still on the 2010 version. I could upgrade if it's easier to do it using the new version.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RobertScott5419

Look at your references if they have a red sign by them. I have opened many autocad applications and have update the references because the file path is different from where the dll's  are stored on my computer versus who wrote the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost