Did you mean: 

Filer Error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
vampirefromtheITcave2
2592 Views, 9 Replies

Filer Error

The attached function creates a new document, copies some elements from the drawing open at the beginning of the function, then saves and closes the new drawing.  When run through my editing environment, it works fine, but if I put the dll in a folder and add a registry entry so that AutoCAD loads it at startup with my installer or manually, it causes a "Filer Error" at line 39.  I've tried changing the argument in the add function to "", "acad.dwt", and the filename I want it to be saved as and creating a variable for the document manager and calling add from that, but nothing gets rid of this error.  How can I create this file without the error while it is installed?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I'm using AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 and .Net 3.5

Message 3 of 10

Have you tried putting the DLL in the AutoCAD root folder (where ACAD.EXE is)?

AcadXTabs for AutoCAD
Supporting AutoCAD 2000-2011

Message 4 of 10

When you say you get error if started with installer or manually is the dll on your harddrive or on a server and what error are you getting.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 5 of 10

The dll is on the hard drive in the programs section.  The error message I'm getting is "Filer Error".

Message 6 of 10

Moving the dll to the folder where acad.exe is didn't work.  I'm now trying to hard code the full path of the template file to see if the reason it's not working is that AutoCAD can't find the template file.

Message 7 of 10

It's not the file path to the template either; I'm still getting the error.  Did the method of creating a new AutoCAD document change between 2007 and 2010.

Message 8 of 10

Found the solution in case anyone else has this issue:

Do not create a new document in the code, simply create a new database and once it's filled, save it as a document.

Message 9 of 10

so are you saying to delete these lines from your orig code?

Dim newDoc As ApplicationServices.Document = Application.DocumentManager.Add(strTemplatePath)

Dim newDB As DatabaseServices.Database = newDoc.Database

Message 10 of 10

Yes, but this will not solve all similar problems, so make sure the error code matches and that your problem occurs on a similar line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost