Extend an Arc?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mindofcat
1030 Views, 3 Replies

Extend an Arc?

Hi All,

I'd like to express my appreciation for all the help I've gotten on this forum since I started this journey of converting existing VBA code into VB.NET.

I am almost done with my project, but I just encountered another problem, which has me really stumped...

I have an arc and a line, and I'd like to extend the endpoint of the arc so that it meets the startpoint of the line (image attached in this post). I've tried every which way I could think of, and the results are never what I wish to accomplish.

I searched this forum, and found a likely solution where the CircularArc3D object is being utilized, but unfortunately, this solution utilizes the Curve object's IntersectWith method, and this method crashes my code on a 32-bit system running AutoCAD 2010.

In my code, I also tried arc.EndPoint=line.StartPoint but when I execute, I get a NotImplementedException error in AutoCAD 2010.

Any pointers or suggestions?

Many thanks in advance...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
R.Gerritsen4967
in reply to: mindofcat

Maybe this is of some help?

how to fillet line and arc?

Message 3 of 4
mindofcat
in reply to: R.Gerritsen4967

Thanks for the reply. But I've already been through that post before, and realized it wouldn't solve my problems; I'm not using command line to do my fillet.

However, you just gave me an insight as to what I can try; I can see if filleting will solve this problem. Lemme give it a try...

Message 4 of 4
mindofcat
in reply to: mindofcat

Problem solved. I tried fillet, and it created the necessary arc to replace the one I needed to extend.

Thanks for the fillet insight...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost