Exchange Store and IPN Notifications

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Keith.Brown
717 Views, 2 Replies

Exchange Store and IPN Notifications

Hi,

I have an app on the exchange store that is free so I have not had to deal with setting up purchasing on the exchange site.  Here is my backstory.  I have created a new app that I plan on selling on the exchange site for AutoCAD MEP.  In order to license the app and keep it from being freely copied I have purchased and implimented Cryptolicense.  Their examples are good and along with the ADN IPN Example i have been able to successfully verify a purchase from the Exhange Store and send off an email to the customer along with their activation key by running the ASP web services on my local machine.  What I would like to do now is embed some information about the customer into the license so i can display it in the plug-in's about box.  The crypto license examples are quite clear on how to do this once I have the information about the user.  What I am unclear about is the exact information transmitted by Autodesk in the IPN.  The information that I am looking for is the exact information that is transmitted to the seller about the buyer when the buyer makes a purchase.

1. E-mail
  2. Full Name:
  3. Job Title
  4. Company Name
  5. Country
  6. Purchased Copies

In the ADN IPN Example they show only one item being added to the IPN and that is the &buyer_adsk_account.  I know i can get items 1, 2, 5, 6 from the paypal IPN but my question is does ADN add any other items to the IPN?  I would like to use the same information that the user signs up with to the Exchange Store as this might be different than the information that they input into Paypal.

Does anyone have a IPN notification from a real transaction that they would be able to share?  

Below is a screenshot of the email that is sent when a transaction has occured on the exchange website.  I am looking for the information that is circled in red.

Exhange Sample Email.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

I had a quick chat with our exchange store developers. they confirmed that  we only add “buyer_adsk_account” into the IPN.

you  can only get correct value for 1 (buyer_adsk_account), 6 (quantity, default to 1 if no this flag) from IPN notification. For 2 and 5, the information in IPN is for the payer PayPal account, not for the Autodesk Account.

Here is a sample for Original IPN from staging server provided by development team:

mc_gross=2.00&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&payer_id=2QDKT9Z2Q9TLN&tax=0.00&payment_date=23%3a42%3a03+Jan+21%2c+2014+PST&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&first_name=liu&mc_fee=0.36&notify_version=3.7&custom=2N9FMZW4CCED&payer_status=verified&business=exchange_seller%40autodesk.com&quantity=1&payer_email=exchange_buyer%40autodesk.com&verify_sign=AiPC9BjkCyDFQXbSkoZcgqH3hpacAQbuITDE6F4zE82r66LH8To6KgOC&txn_id=951544581M8726114&payment_type=instant&last_name=jennifer&receiver_email=exchange_seller%40autodesk.com&payment_fee=0.36&receiver_id=J4E3KRMDRQB52&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=zhiwei-28&mc_currency=USD&item_number=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aga3734382699%3aen&residence_country=US&test_ipn=1&handling_amount=0.00&transaction_subject=2N9FMZW4CCED&payment_gross=2.00&shipping=0.00&merchant_return_link=click+here&auth=AZTZcgKkxP0a7aQtngdRSsnVLl75v2hKV7f0ZkwiFMyhPTJr8-4mSRJzrG1JW8x3FyeJBTfVhUNcAdbLizqTryQ

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3

Thanks fot the timely answer Virupaksha.  I figured that would be the answer as it was the only thing added to the sample over at GitHub.  The information provided by Autodesk and Paypal along with my activation server should be enough to secure the program to my satisfaction.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost