Error Saving Drawing to older version of autocad map3d

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
scluna
1764 Views, 2 Replies

Error Saving Drawing to older version of autocad map3d

Hi,

I am using autocad map3d 2013. I use the saveas method of autocad map3d 2013 api to save my document to previous version of autocad map3d. I got the error "The drawing contains custom objects that are not supported in previous versions. The objects cannot be save to previous version." It provide some steps to get around the error, one of which is to install autocad enablers. I check the site and found few installer. My question is what version should I download is compatible with autodesk map3d 2013?

Autocad Enablers Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334440&linkID=9240858#section2

My snippet is here:

db.SaveAs(strSourceDWGPath,

True, DwgVersion.AC1015, doc.Database.SecurityParameters)

Note: attached is the error I receive.

Thanks and regards,

SCLuna
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: scluna

While you can down-save to an earlier DWG version, custom objects (AEC objects are typical for AutoCAD verticals like Map3D) will never be downsaved to an earlier version even if the DWG version changes.  So you could end up with a 2004 DWG format file with 2013 Map3D objects.  You would never end up with a 2004 DWG format file with 2004 Map3D objects.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
scluna
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi dgorsman,

I decided to disable the aec message box to off and it seems to work ok. I am no longer getting the error message.

SCLuna

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost