Valued Contributor
scluna
Message 1 of 3 (729 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error Saving Drawing to older version of autocad map3d

729 Views, 2 Replies
01-30-2014 06:37 AM

Hi,

I am using autocad map3d 2013. I use the saveas method of autocad map3d 2013 api to save my document to previous version of autocad map3d. I got the error "The drawing contains custom objects that are not supported in previous versions. The objects cannot be save to previous version." It provide some steps to get around the error, one of which is to install autocad enablers. I check the site and found few installer. My question is what version should I download is compatible with autodesk map3d 2013?

Autocad Enablers Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334440&linkID=9240858#section2

My snippet is here:

db.SaveAs(strSourceDWGPath,

True, DwgVersion.AC1015, doc.Database.SecurityParameters)

Note: attached is the error I receive.

Thanks and regards,

SCLuna

Hi dgorsman,

I decided to disable the aec message box to off and it seems to work ok. I am no longer getting the error message.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 3 (703 Views)

Re: Error Saving Drawing to older version of autocad map3d

01-30-2014 03:39 PM in reply to: scluna

While you can down-save to an earlier DWG version, custom objects (AEC objects are typical for AutoCAD verticals like Map3D) will never be downsaved to an earlier version even if the DWG version changes.  So you could end up with a 2004 DWG format file with 2013 Map3D objects.  You would never end up with a 2004 DWG format file with 2004 Map3D objects.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Valued Contributor
scluna
Message 3 of 3 (588 Views)

Re: Error Saving Drawing to older version of autocad map3d

03-15-2014 07:59 AM in reply to: dgorsman

Hi dgorsman,

I decided to disable the aec message box to off and it seems to work ok. I am no longer getting the error message.

SCLuna
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.