Did you mean: 

Error: Could not load file or assembly acdbmgd, Version=18.1.0.0

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ElephantQi
1595 Views, 5 Replies

Error: Could not load file or assembly acdbmgd, Version=18.1.0.0

Hello, everyone

I am a fresh leaner, I use VB.net in VS2010 design some drawings in AutoCad2011, in .NET 3.5.

I write a Class Library in VS2010 to draw some blocks in Autocad, and it runs OK.

Then I design a Windows Forms Application in VS2010 for some inputs, and call my program above. However, everytime I got error as below in my Class Library code.

File not found exception was unhandled,

Could not load file or assembly 'acdbmgd, Version=18.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Can somebody help me out there?

Many Thanks in advanced!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
norman.yuan
in reply to: ElephantQi

Is the said "Windows Form Application in VS2010" an exe application? If yes, then you CANNOT use the .NET DLL library developed with AutoCAD .NET API in an stand-alone EXE app. The DLL can ONLY be used inside AutoCAD by loaing it into AutoCAD with NETLOAD command, unless you make it COM-able.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
ElephantQi
in reply to: norman.yuan

Ok, I am new for .net. I don't know if it is an exe. But I just want to design some user friendly interface for some inputs, so I choose new project -> Windows form application in VS2010 to design a window for input. Is that a exe you talking about. If so, I cannot use this with the .dll. Do I have other options?

Thank you Yuan.

Qi Gao

Message 4 of 6
norman.yuan
in reply to: ElephantQi

Yes, it is an EXE (stand-alone) windows application.

To all UI to your .NET AutoCAd class library, you simply right-click the VS class library project and select "Add->New Item..." or "Add->Windows Form...". That is, the UI component is also in a .NET class library project, which you can later load into AutoCAD with NETLOAD command.

You amy want to go through AutoCAD .NET labs (download it from Autodesk website), which would save you lots of time on learning the basics.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
ElephantQi

Ok, I see.I will try now!

Thank you very much, Yuan. I really appreciate it !!

Message 6 of 6
ElephantQi

Yuan, I meet another question, When I am in Class Library project, how can I call the window application, when I compile, it just generate a .dll file, the windows not show up.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost