.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eInvalidInput on creating New Extents3D? bug?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ViktorCAD
568 Views, 1 Reply

eInvalidInput on creating New Extents3D? bug?

I am trying to get true geometric extents of an object within a block reference. I use something along these lines:

Dim blk AsBlockReference= blkEnt

Dim minPoint AsPoint3d= ent.GeometricExtents.MinPoint.TransformBy(blk.BlockTransform)

Dim maxPoint AsPoint3d= ent.GeometricExtents.MaxPoint.TransformBy(blk.BlockTransform)

Return New Extents3d(minPoint, maxPoint)

This does work most of the time, but there are some blocks that return eInvalidInput right on the return line. I have verified and there are no issues with minPoint or MaxPoint, the "seem" fine. So then i explode the block and reblock it, and the problem goes away.

Now that's a pain to ask the user to do, obviously there's a bug somewhere, and reblocking the block fixes it, but I just don't understand why that's the problem. Because the points look fine.

So i copied what was in the maxpoint while it was causing an issue and after. Here's the result:

{(26.2088309295071,10.4729497919566,0)}
{(26.1150809295071,10.4729497919566,0)}

The bottom one is the one that would cause an issue. Now, its interesting that they are different, i reblocked it and placed it in the precisely the same spot.

Anyone see a problem here?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ViktorCAD
in reply to: ViktorCAD

Ah, sometimes you just have to type things out to get the ideas going, after reading my own post i realized that i hadn't checked if extents3d cares about the order that the values are being passed in. And decided to inspect both min and max points before and after reblocking and sure enough they are swapped, the block was probably mirrored? anyway, i see the problem now, hope this helps someone in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost