445 Views, 1 Replies
08-25-2010 06:33 AM

Right now I have some explicitly defined commands in C# code like such:

[CommandMethod("SomeCommand")]

public static void SomeCommand()

{
   //Code
}

There used to be a large number of AutoCAD scripts that frequently change.  Each script was tied to a command using AutoLISP.  Now I have all of the script information stored in a sql database.  Included in the database information for each script is the old command name.  I need a way using C# to register these commands when I NETLOAD my dll.  Is this or a similar method possible? 

I already have two possible solutions but they are not preferred.

1.  Create one explicitly defined command which takes the old command as a parameter.  This option is probably not possible because the users are used to the command names and would prefer not to have to type more. 

2.  Create a code generator to explicitly define the commands.  The code generator would defeat the purpose of having a database because you would have to recompile whenever a new command is added, one is deleted, etc.

Valued Mentor
caddzone
Message 2 of 2 (411 Views)

Re: Dynamically load commands at AutoCAD start

08-26-2010 04:26 AM in reply to: skeletank

The undocumented AddCommand() method of the

Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.Utils class will do it.

AcadXTabs for AutoCAD
Supporting AutoCAD 2000-2011

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.