Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Input In Jigs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TruthWarrior17
393 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamic Input In Jigs

I am using AutoCAD 2009 for testing this at the moment but it is programmed using the 2007 ObjectARX for compatibility.

In any jig I use, when I prompt for an angle or a point, the prompt result value only pays attention to where my mouse is at. If I use dynamic input to type in an angle or point, this gets completely ignored and instead acts as if I had clicked at the point where my mouse is at. How can I allow the user to type in a value for a point or angle as well as use the mouse to click and retrieve the correct value of the two based on which the user chose to do?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cadMeUp
in reply to: TruthWarrior17

How are you setting up your 'UserInputControls'?
Message 3 of 4

I had them on default settings. If you could post a line of code, preferably in VB that shows which ones need to be on. I am a little confused about the fact that they have to be OR'ed together and how that should look too.
Message 4 of 4
cadMeUp
in reply to: TruthWarrior17

There are a few that can be set. You'll typically see these for basic points (I usually use C# for jigs though):
{code}
Dim pointOpts As JigPromptPointOptions = New JigPromptPointOptions()
pointOpts.UserInputControls = UserInputControls.Accept3dCoordinates Or _
UserInputControls.NoZeroResponseAccepted Or UserInputControls.NoNegativeResponseAccepted
{code}

This is a sample from the VB docs of Or'ing together:
{code}
Enum filePermissions
create = 1
read = 2
write = 4
delete = 8
End Enum

Dim file1Perm As filePermissions
file1Perm = filePermissions.create Or filePermissions.read
{code}

You might try buidling and testing the example in the ARX samples folder '...\samples\dotNet\EllipseJig' and see how that works for you, if you are having the same kind of trouble. It's a pretty good starting sample/point for Jig's in NET. Just note though, that sample is in C#.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost