Dynamic Block - Programatic creation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DouceDeux
761 Views, 1 Reply

Dynamic Block - Programatic creation

Hello.

I'm back after a few months of 'vacation' >.<

I am currently looking into the creation of dynamic blocks.

I've have not been able to get a hold of the objects that make a block dynamic (parameters, grips, actions)

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I understand the way the records (objects) are saved.

There is a table with records.

One of those records is the Model Space (drawing area). All drawing objects are recorded here.

All layouts have the same hierarchical level as the model space.

All Blocks in the document also have the same hierarchical level as the model space.

This would be a representation of the above.

-Table

-Model Space

-polyline

-text

-etc.

-Paper Space

-polyline

-line

-MyBlock

-Polyline

-Text

-Alignment parameter

-Alignment grip

So, with this in mind I've been trying to study the dynamic blocks so I can create them programatically but when I cycle through the ObjectID's inside my block record (in this case MyBlock) it would only show the Id's for the Polyline and the text and not the other two.

It seems they are recorded elsewhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I want to access the object and figure out later how it relates to the other objects and make it dynamic.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi

Unfortunately dynamic blocks cannot be created programmatically. Their internal structure is quite a bit more complex than what you mention. If you want to get an idea about what's inside a dynamic block, take a look at the post I'm pointing out below.

I doubt you will be able to reproduce and create that on your own. Another tool that is useful to explore the internal structure of a database is provided along with the ObjectARX SDK, it is called ARXDBG (written in C++).

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/05/accessing-visible-entities-in-a-dynamic-block.html

I hope it helps,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost