Did you mean: 

DWG True View control 64-bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dale.Bartlett
1702 Views, 3 Replies

DWG True View control 64-bit

Hi All,
I have a VS2005 project (VB.Net) which I am migrating from a 32-bit development environment (XP) to Vista 64.

On the XP computer, I have used the DWG true View 2009 control for DWG display as per Kean's blog:
http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2007/10/au-handouts-t-1.html
>>It’s also straightforward to embed DWG TrueView in your .NET application: from your Visual Studio Toolbox, right-click and select “Choose Items…”, selecting the “COM Components” tab and then the “DWGVIEWRCtrl” item from the list of controls:<<
On the XP machine this has been simple and trouble free.
On Vista 64 I have been unable to add the control:
1. DWGVIEWRCtrl is not listed in the COM Components tab or .Net Components tab.
2. Using Browse to select the DWG True View 2009 control results in message: "Self-registration for C:\Program Files\DWG TrueView 2009\AcCtrl.dll failed"

DWG True View 2009 (x64) is installed and working ok. I don't know whether the issue is 64-bit True View, or 64-bit OS, or ????
Hopefully someone can help
Regards,
Dale

I'm having the same issue, DWG trueview 2009 & vs 2010. Have you found a solution?

Message 3 of 4
Maciej_R
in reply to: Dale.Bartlett

Having the same problem, is it posible to embed autocad in Windows form using VS2008 on windows 7 x64? If Yes, how can I do it if most of COM component are not available?

Message 4 of 4
Dale.Bartlett
in reply to: Maciej_R

Sorry I haven't a solution. I am just upgrading to 2013 and have been away from the RealDWG development. If you find anything, please post. Regards, Dale

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost