pva75
Message 1 of 3 (191 Views)

DrawableOverrule for Line + PromptPointOptions with BasePoint

191 Views, 2 Replies
08-10-2012 06:04 AM

I have:

1. DrawableOverrule for Line

2. PromptPointOptions with BasePoint

As result - when PromptPointOptions started I see some "vitrual" lines and ALL lines are overruled - real lines and dialog's lines.

Question is - how to check is it real line or line from prompt dialog. At this time I has checked my properties in ExtendedDictionary - if Line has ExtendedDictionary so it's real line (of course I add data in Dictionary during 

ObjectAppended event).

May be AutoCad has right way to check it.

Pavel.

Board Manager
StephenPreston
Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: DrawableOverrule for Line + PromptPointOptions with BasePoint

08-13-2012 05:24 PM in reply to: pva75

It sounds like you've found a good solution - apply the appropriate filter type to the overrule so it only overrules lines you've added a specific extension dictionary entry to.

These temporary lines you're seeing are real lines, but (if memory serves me correctly) they aren't database resident, so you should be able to check one of their Database or Blockname (or IsPersistent) property to determine if they are temporary or not.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Active Contributor
pva75
Message 3 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: DrawableOverrule for Line + PromptPointOptions with BasePoint

08-13-2012 10:42 PM in reply to: StephenPreston

Hi Stephen,

StephenPreston wrote:

It sounds like you've found a good solution - apply the appropriate filter type to the overrule so it only overrules lines you've added a specific extension dictionary entry to.

These temporary lines you're seeing are real lines, but (if memory serves me correctly) they aren't database resident, so you should be able to check one of their Database or Blockname (or IsPersistent) property to determine if they are temporary or not.

I don't know why but it doesn't work. IsPersistent property is true for both line types.

If I try to check BlockName property as:

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(l.BlockName))

AutoCad has been crashed.

So, I will stay with my solution. It's not best but work.

Thanks,

Pavel.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.