Doubts abou tdevelope to multiple autocad versions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
scfAAAT6
363 Views, 1 Reply

Doubts abou tdevelope to multiple autocad versions

Hi guys
I'm starting a new plugin project. And I have many doubts.

Plugin requirements : They need work from autodesk 13 to last version. Use C#.

1) If i sign Autodesk - ADN Professional - i'm will have access to download and require suport to actual autocad versions and previous versions ?

2) ObjectARX
    2a) OBjectARx License and download page not contain 2013 version it's discontinued.  
    2b) If i downloaded ObjectARX 2014 and use to developing my plugin, i have compatible with newer autodesk versions. Or i will need use specific                   ObjectARX to corresponding version.

3) I see in forun many questions about problems with use of differents versions of Visual Studio, in my case with multiple autodesk versions, wich version of VS i use ?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Carbonete

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam
in reply to: scfAAAT6

Hi Carbonete,

You do not need ObjectArx for c# programming.

When you say Version 13 I am assuming that you mean 2013 (and not R13- very old - no .NET API)

You can use a single set of code for 2013-2016 compiled to a single dll that will work with all those versions (unless you use something specific in a newer  version that is not avialable in an older version).

We are part of ADN and have older versions for testing purposes.

You can use VS 2015 for c# programming with AutoCAD versions 2013 to 2016 - note you will have to program against .NET 4.0 framework.

Adam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost