Did you mean: 

DocumentActivated stop working when NEXTFIBERWORLD = 0

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wesbird
755 Views, 2 Replies

DocumentActivated stop working when NEXTFIBERWORLD = 0

Hi, 

I just upgrade to Visual Studio 2013. I have to set NEXTFIBERWORLD = 0 so I can debug my code. then I found my code

documentCollection.DocumentActivated += new DocumentCollectionEventHandler(documentCollection_DocumentActivated);

stop working, 

What's wrong? what should I do to make it works?

Thank you so much you ro time. 

Wes

AutoCAD 2012 (Map, Design Suite), Revit, AIMS, Vault

Windows 7 64 bit, 

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff
in reply to: wesbird

Set NEXTFIBERWORLD to 1 and restart.

NEXTFIBERWORLD set to 0 will cause certain functionalites not to work.

The only time I have ever had to set NEXTFIBERWORLD to 0 is to debug code in inside of a winform.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 3 of 3
StephenPreston
in reply to: jeff

Jeff is correct. Changing to fiberless operation should be done only when using fibers is causing problems with debugging. And there are some things that don't work when running fiberless - which is one of the reasons we don't yet set AutoCAD to run fiberless by default.

You could also be experiencing issues because you're using VS2013 with AutoCAD 2012. Have you tried using a supported IDE and .NET Framework?

Finally, document switching is an area where we'd expect AutoCAD to behave differently in a fiberless world - because fiber switching is how we keep commands suspended in a document when it becomes inactive and reawaken them when it is reactivated. Can you describe how your code doesn't work as you expect? Perhaps your active command is getting cancelled when you switch documents - if so, that is as expected/designed when not using fibers.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost