Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docked PaletteSet not adjustable in AutoCAD 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gjmanuel
381 Views, 2 Replies

Docked PaletteSet not adjustable in AutoCAD 2015

I have an menu type app  (VB.NET. compiled with VS2010 with A2013 dll)  that uses PaletteSet and is designed to be docked horizontally between the AutoCAD drawing window and the Ribbon. Prior to AutoCAD 2015, once the palette is docked, you could manually adjust the height of the palette within the AutoCAD UI. However in 2015, this ability is no longer available. I'd like to know what has changed so I can hopefully fix it.

You can duplicate this issue with an app downloadable from the AutoCAD Devblog entitled "Drawing preview in WPF palette".

Link: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2014/12/drawing-preview-in-wpf-palette.html

You have to added + (int)DockSides.Top) to the code _ps.DockEnabled...after compiling it, loading it in AutoCAD 2014...it will dock at the top and the palette height can be adjusted. In AutoCAD 2015, if docked at the top, the height is not adjustable. The width can still be adjusted when docked to the side but not at the top?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this?

Thanks
Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: gjmanuel

The custom PaletteSet and AutoCAD built-in PaletteSet (Layer Manager, XReference Manager...) behave the same way in AutoCAD2015: when docked on top, it become not resize-able, and can be resized when docked on other sides (left/right/bottom). Prior to AutoCAD2015, though, the PalleteSet is always resize-able regardless which side it docks.

It looks like this is either "by design" for AutoCAD2015, as victim of AutoCAD 2015 UI change (removing the dependency to "FIBER"?), or a bug that can be fixed later.

Message 3 of 3
gjmanuel
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thanks for the reply...Regarding the Layer Manager, XReference Manager...I see the same behavior!!! Strange why its sizable at the bottom but not the top? Hopefully this is bug that will be fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost