DLL on STARTUP

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
ProfWolfMan
4808 Views, 13 Replies

DLL on STARTUP

Hi all,
After reading some more posts here related with loading a dll file on startup,i done it as below.
1) Open regedit.exe
2) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.1\ACAD-6001:409\Applications\
3) Add a key named "MY-DLL"
4) Add a string named "LOADER" with value of "C:\test\test1.dll"
5) Add a string named "DESCRIPTION" with value of "My first"
6) Add a DWORD named "LOADCTLS" with value of 2 ( to load on startup)
7)close regedit.exe
After this i will open my AutoCAD2008 and type my command.But test.dll not loaded and acad returns 'unknown command".
I try with netload, it works fine.
Please help me what is the problem with my approach?
I am using AutoCAD2008 in Windows Xp Proffessional service pack 2.
note: i also tried under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\..
Thanks & regards,
G

Thanks & Regards,
G
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
rok_p
in reply to: ProfWolfMan
Message 3 of 14

The link provided there does contain the information you need, but basically what you have there looks fine to me, except you need one more key "MANAGED" = 1 DWORD

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 4 of 14

Hi,

After adding "MANAGED" dword with value of 1.

It is working very fine.Smiley Happy

Thanks for the through the interface link on this topic.

Regards,

G

Thanks & Regards,
G
Message 5 of 14
rhinton

I don't see an "Applications" registry entry in version "R18.1".  Has this been dropped in version 2011?

Message 6 of 14
chiefbraincloud
in reply to: rhinton

I have not installed 2011 yet, since none of my users have, but I can't imagine the functionality is gone.  I certainly didn't here anything about the method for Demand Loading changing.

If you are certain you are looking in the right place

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  -or-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9001:409\  (the 9001:409 part is different for the verticals, and/or languages)

and you don't see Applications there, I would try adding it yourself.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 7 of 14
rhinton

I've added the Applications key an still no autoload.  Attached is a screen shot.

Message 8 of 14
chiefbraincloud

I just perused through all the comments on Kean's old post, and one person specifically asked if there was a difference in 2011.  This was keans reply:

The Registry key AutoCAD looks under has changed from R18.0 to R18.1. Otherwise everything is the same, and should work similarly.

That said, there was one other comment that might apply, that is to make sure you have Copy Local set to false for acmgd.dll and acdbmgd.dll.  (I tend to set it to false for all AutoCAD references)

Message 9 of 14
rhinton
in reply to: chiefbraincloud

I looked thru Kean's post also and found the post you refered to.  However, he does not give the name of the new registry key.  I found a key named "AutodeskApps"  under R18.1 and added the entries there but still no autoload.

Message 10 of 14
chiefbraincloud

I suppose he wasn't explicit, but I'm pretty sure he just meant that the version part (R18.1\ACAD-9001:409) had changed to reflect the new version info.  I don't think he meant they changed anything else about the path.

The AutodeskApps key you mention is present in 2010 and earlier, and the information I see there is not the same structure as the demand loading keys.

I am assuming through all of this, that your .dll functions as expected when you Netload it?

From the comments on the TTIF post, I see that you can NOT have the demand loading entries in both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, you haven't done that have you?

Message 11 of 14
rhinton
in reply to: chiefbraincloud

No I didn't.  Seems I used the Value names from the first post in this thread and LOADCTLS is not the same as the required LOADCTRLS value name.  So, adding the "Applications" key is the trick if it doesn't already exist.

Message 12 of 14
chiefbraincloud

Ah, I see...  My eyes didn't catch that the first time through.  I guess I must have also missed it in the image you attached. 

Details are tiny daggers.

Glad it's working for you now.

Message 13 of 14
congcd4
Message 14 of 14

@chiefbraincloud wrote:

Ah, I see...  My eyes didn't catch that the first time through.

It would be helpful if you corrected your post so that future readers of your reply don't stumble on the same error.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost